Thursday, March 19, 2009

Berry Fruitful



I always look forward to Wednesday mornings when the new store adds come out. It is quite funny how one can get so excited about a sale ad! It is kind of like a matching game as well as a contest to see which grocery store has the best sales. Frys seems to be the winner most of the time.

I usually set up two grocery lists. One for me and one for my husband. I paper clip the coupons to the lists. Then we go to the store and take off in separate directions to save time as well as get the most use out of our coupons. He is so sweet to be willing to do this. I know he appreciates the savings so he is always willing to help.

My teenagers are so great too. Their willingness to watch the younger children while we go shopping. Needless to say, it is worth it to them to see all the snacks coming through the door.

We had a great time last night at Frys. Here are some of our coupon deals.

6 boxes of Fiber One Bars.50 each
6 boxes of Fruit Gushers 1.00 each
6 boxes Nature Valley Trail Mix Bars .50 each
6 Rubbermaid Easy Find Containers 1.00 each
5 Sargento Salad Finishers 1.00 each
Dannon Yogurt (Free 6 Pack) Regularly 2.29
2 free boxes Ritz Crackers with purchase of 3 12 packs of coke. 7.99 with 2 dollar coupon ( I saved 17.88 on that little deal)

I wanted to get the Dixie Plates and the free Irish Spring Soap but our store was wiped clean last night.

Anyway, my favorite deal was not even with a coupon. Frys has some beautiful strawberries. They have 2 deals. Buy 2 lbs for 4 dollars or buy 4 lbs for 4.77. All of our children love strawberries and the 4 lb deal was the best. So I purchased two of these. WE will be popping berries everyday for a few days!

This is one of the things I absolutely love about Couponsense. I can grab all the deals on snacks such as the granola bars, fruit gushers, and rice cakes. That frees up the money for the fruits and veggies. So everyone is happy and my pocket book is smiling.

Here is an easy recipe with strawberries.

1 pre-baked sponge cake.(can usually find these in bakery)
1 large tub Cool Whip
3-4 cups of sliced strawberries or more if desired.
About 1/4 cup sugar

Rinse strawberries. Mix with sugar in bowl. Tear sponge cake into pieces. In glass dessert bowl (I use a large glass bowl)create layers. Start with sponge cake pieces, then strawberries and lastly Cool Whip. Repeat layers and garnish with a few strawberry slices. Chill overnight or for several hours so flavor will set. Makes a great spring dessert or Easter dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment