Sunday, March 15, 2009

Coupons Overflow



This weekend was spent very frugally.It was simple and restful. I was "up and at em" Saturday morning with plans to go to Frys to use the remaining coupons for their "ten item mega event". My plans were pleasantly interrupted as I ended up on the phone with a close childhood friend who now lives in California. However, I was able to make my trip out and make it back home by lunch. Here are some of the items I picked up on this trip.

2 Colgate Toothpastes FREE
2 Ken's Salad Dressing .50
County Crock Shedd's Spread FREE
Cottonelle toilet tissue (4 4 packs).50 each
American Beauty Pasta .75
3 Ziplock Storage bags .50
6 Dole Fruitbowls (4 pack) 1.00 each
2 Pepperidge Farm Garlic Toast .75 each

Also for dinner Saturday evening, we grilled out fresh seasoned chicken tenderloins which I purchased at Frys along with scalloped cheese potatoes, salad, and the Pepperidge Farm bread. I calculated the cost per person for this meal was 90 cents. Not bad for a large family. The total cost for the meal was 9 dollars.

Afterwards my husband surprised everyone and said he was taking us for ice cream. We grabbed our "buy one get one free" coupons to Baskin Robbins and purchased Sundaes for half price.

Thriftiness is more than saving money though. I think it is also a lot about making the most of your time and reserving it for the most important things in life. The weekend was simply just spent at home with the family. My husband John, took most of the children to the library for the first time. We have only lived here 5 months. They had a blast. It is so rewarding to see your children excited about simple things such as trips to the library, snuggling with Daddy, getting an occasional ice cream, eating meals together, and reading stories as a family.

The weekend has been great. Simply great!

No comments:

Post a Comment